Video Poker Strategy Trainer
|Hand||1 coin||2 coins||3 coins||4 coins||5 coins|
Registered member can ask our forum members for help on strategy for particular hands.
Start playing by clicking Deal button.
Click some cards to hold them, then press Draw.
Registered member can ask our forum members for help on strategy. Once you've got some cards deal, click ? button again to open forum post form.
Instructions on Using our Video Poker Strategy Trainer
Video Poker is one of the few games at a casino where strategy plays a big role. You can use our trainer to learn the best play for every hand increasing the chance you will have a positive result.
- To get started, first select the Game that you would like to play. The Video Poker Trainer defaults to Jacks or Better with the 9/6 payout table. This means that this game pays 9 credits (per coin) to a Full House and 6 credits to a Flush. These are the optimum payouts for Jacks or Better and what you can find when you play online. The Video Poker Trainer always assumes you are playing the max credits, so it is automatically set for 5 coins. When you play for real money, be sure to always play the maximum credits to increase your winning rate!
- Next, select the Payout setting that you would like to practice. Change the Payout table to match that of the game you most often play. Changing the Payout table could change how you play a particular hand!
- The Difficulty setting defaults to Random Mode which is like a pure shuffling of the deck. If you would like to be challenged with more difficult decisions, change the Difficulty to Hard mode and really test your knowledge!
- Now you can press the Deal button and play the game like any video poker machine you’ve played in the past. Click the Hold button to keep that card, and then click the Draw button to discard your unwanted cards and draw new ones.
- Keep track of your Score – for every correct play, get 1 Point. For every incorrect play, subtract 1 Point. We care less about the Credits and more about playing perfect Video Poker strategy. Pay close attention to the Ans numbers at the bottom of the screen. This keeps track of your Correct and Incorrect Answers. Strive to achieve a 100% accuracy rate on Hard mode during each of your training sessions!
While you’re making decisions, we will automatically tell you if you made an incorrect play. Then all you have to do is practice, practice, practice! A good session is to aim for 100 hands, then compare your overall right/wrong count. Over time, you want this to be 100% or close to it. Once it is, you’re ready for real money play!
If you have any questions or run into any errors, send us an email via our VPT Contact Form. We will get back to you as soon as we can!
Games Supported by the Video Poker Strategy Trainer
Jacks or Better
Jacks or Better Expected Return: 99.54%
Jacks or Better Pay Table
|Four of a Kind||25||0.059064|
|Three of a Kind||3||0.223346|
|Jacks or Better||1||0.214585|